Kawa Maraeby Rhanae History
In 1934 Te Nupere Ngawaka gave a portion of his property in Kawa to the training board to instruct nga tamariki. His sibling Mahau moved two structures onto the site at Kawa. The structure utilized for the school is still there today however has been remodeled initially with the end goal of a wharetupuna. A long time later in the 1970’s the point at which the structure was never again utilized as a school, iwi connected to the training load up for the arrival of their property, they likewise connected to the maori land court to have this land put aside as a maori booking with the end goal of a marae.